Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom Maps  (Read 8437 times)

Pyro

Re: Custom Maps
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 01:14:21 PM »

IMHO the modded server sucks , I'll go back and play where I was playing

click

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 02:57:47 PM »

Care to expand on it?  Or could it be that a particular map(s) sucks?

And there is always the ranked server. In many ways, I'd rather play on it.  As we saw, it only takes a couple of people playing to attract other players. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 03:15:18 PM by click »

Pyro

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »

I sat on the ranked server for while the other day and no one came in so I left.  I have been playing on other servers some that are modded, and been having fun staying in the top players each map, played ours today and could not hit a thing and was getting killed one after the other, do not know what the difference is but it is not fun !

click

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 04:30:38 PM »

We are running a weapons mod.  That might be the difference.  Shooting from the hip is all but useless.

virus

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 12:25:48 PM »

yeah, im not diggin being constantly stuned when i get hit by a bullet, verry frustrating.

On a side note, ive tried a few servers who run gungame mod, its prety cool if you havent tried it. you need a certain amout of kills to move on to the next weapon. starting off with pistols then shotguns then sub, then assual then heavy then sniper, never  got past snipers. annyhow, the game ends when, after snipers you get c4 and nades, then only a knife, get that last knife kill and you win.  getting knifed reduces you bact 2 lvls, and  making the knife kill gets you a lvl. pretty darn fun. perhaps we could try it out, or try to find servers how run it, if found 2, but  its all in german, but its easy to figure out. :) im off, later guys

wizrd

• Team
  • Nerdiness 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 01:57:06 PM »

so basically you end up with a few guys with assault rifles and everyone else is dieing over and over because they only have pistols and shotguns...lol it sounds like i would get pissed off and leave early in but i dunno...the server is ok how it is in my opinion

CP

• Administrator
  • Nerdiness 3
  • Beware the Fuzzy Bunny of Death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 05:36:28 PM »

so basically you end up with a few guys with assault rifles and everyone else is dieing over and over because they only have pistols and shotguns...lol it sounds like i would get pissed off and leave early in but i dunno...the server is ok how it is in my opinion

Agreed. The one thing I would like to be able to do is set it to shotguns only once in a while.
Modern rcon has the ability to change the config on the server, using different profiles. You can just choose the profile you want to use with the click of a button. We could set up an alternate profile with only the shotguns or pistols enabled, etc. Unless the mod has the ability to do a "set_shotguns_only" or something similar. I looked at the config readme on this mod and didn't see anything like that.

What do you think about that Click?

wizrd

• Team
  • Nerdiness 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 08:37:53 PM »

that would be cool, we would finally have shotguns only in shotgun only matches..no getting hit by a p90..lol

SHOOT44

• Administrator
  • Nerdiness 29
  • Silence I keel you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 04:34:20 AM »

I uploaded 3 smaller maps which i hope can be used,maybe too even replace some of the stock maps,as i feel we need them especially when there are less players
as i feel the maps chicago,and hutrtgen especially are too big too be used with less than 8 players,last night 4/5 of us played these maps all as snipers and it was boring,nobody hardly moved, i got bored and left,and maybe some other members feel the same?
All i can do is look for maps and upload them,for click too see if they work.
Please can you post comments about the maps you have played,so we can deceide if we want too keep them, or what type and size of maps we are looking for......
Thank you.

click

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2008, 05:05:19 AM »

added

mp_block_fort
mp_cargo
mp_xi_jordan

Block fort is very small.  more for 2 people.  Cargo can easily handle up to 8 people.  xi_jordan is actually a pretty big map. 

KSK

• Charter Member
  • Nerdiness 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2008, 06:10:06 AM »

I get the red blob across the screen with mp_block_fort. Unplayable for me.

munss

• Administrator
  • Nerdiness 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2008, 06:56:00 AM »

Yep me too. :'(

“An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our
battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong
alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery!
“Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others
may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death.”

munss

• Administrator
  • Nerdiness 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2008, 07:43:29 AM »

Oh! Could you try Brecourt? ;D

Lumberyard looks cool too.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:48:23 AM by munss »

“An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our
battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong
alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery!
“Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others
may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death.”

click

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2008, 08:00:12 AM »

upload them.

SHOOT44

• Administrator
  • Nerdiness 29
  • Silence I keel you!
    • View Profile